Thursday, December 14, 2006

This week's MD Appt Update...

I just got home from the doctor's office, a little disappointed but realistically happy.

The little bit disappointed comes from the fact that Dr. Eldredge seems to think that I'm fine to keep working and didn't feel the need to sign disability papers for me yet! :-( So while I'm bummed to be going back to work next week, at the same time I'm very thankful that I'm healthy enough to keep working, that the baby's health is not at risk either.

So my stats - BP was 142/96 - stabilized according to the doctor. I gained 1 lb in about a week and a half, bringing me to 32 lbs total weight gain. If I can keep at this rate, hopefully I will keep with my goal of not going over 40 lbs!

One unexpected thing today was an internal exam. They had to take a swab from my cervix to check for a GBS (?) infection - I wasn't expecting that! While I was already there with no pants on, the doctor decided to check the cervix - he said the baby is low, mentioned 1 fingertip - I don't know if that was him telling me he had 1 fingertip in there, or if I was dilated 1 fingertip? I always forget to ask these things until after I'm off the table. Either way he did say that the baby could be a little closer to arrival than the due date. Which is what he told me last week with the blood pressure! We'll see what answers I get on Tuesday - I go back, this time with Dr. Crandall.

On an unrelated note to the MD appt, the nursery is almost done being put together! We've got the crib and the dresser in, along with a table and lamp. Now Todd just needs to get the changing table upstairs, we need to move all of the baby's stuff in and voila, the nursery is done! It makes it far more real that this baby will be joining us soon when you look at the room all put together.

That's all for now...I think I'm going to try and get in a quick nap before we go out to Alex's school play tonight. I'm so glad Todd has the day off too - I don't have to drive! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home