Saturday, March 10, 2007

Where have the past 8 weeks gone?

As of today, Babygirl is 8 weeks and 1 day old. Didn't we just bring her home from the hospital? The time really has flown by - too fast for me, as it means I am returning to work on Monday.

In the past 8 weeks I've felt a love for this little girl like no other that I've felt before. She's just amazing to me. In the past week or so she's really started to show more of her personality. This morning when I was getting her dressed, she was cooing and smiling, and enjoying some naked time. She makes me laugh and fills my heart, even when her mood isn't always so happy. Granted, would I love to get 8 hours of sleep again? Absolutely! But would I trade this child for that sleep? Never in a million years.

She seems to show more of her daddy's traits than mine at this point - she's got my eyes and it looks like she'll have my cowlick in the front. But she's got Todd's mouth, chin, long torso, long legs and big feet! Jane commented that it's like looking at Todd as a baby - she's built just like he was! It makes me happy to see her keeping her blue eyes though - finally a sign that yes, I contributed more to this child than just cooking her! :-)

Monday we head to the doctor's for her 2 month checkup. She'll be getting a couple shots, so I'm preparing myself for a potentially cranky baby. I can't wait to hear her stats and find out how much she's grown. I look at her and just think about how big she's getting, but to the rest of the world she's still just a peanut.

And speaking of the peanut, I can hear her starting to wake from her nap. It's a nice day today (40 degrees out instead of sub-zero!). Maybe we'll go for a walk...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home